Sunday, January 28, 2007

Kitchen Casualties

I have discovered my newest “kitchen casualty.” Chris has this habit of using the kitchen utensils and appliances as TOOLS! He has ruined many knives, pans, bowls, and scissors. This time, Mason and I were trying to make stuffing for dinner. We looked and looked all over to find the 1-cup measuring cup. We searched the sink, dishwasher, drawers, and cupboards. No luck. We just about gave up, when I was getting the box of stuffing out of the pantry. I looked down on the floor where a box of tile grout was sitting (Chris is still finishing the re-tile job), and there it was, my nice black measuring cup all dusty with grout, missing it’s handle. It doesn’t matter how many tools Chris has, he still prefers to use the things in the kitchen. Well, I guess I am in need of a 1-cup measuring cup, not to mention the last kitchen casualty, my Pampered Chef self-sharpening knife. They don’t hold up well cutting coaxial cable!

No comments: