Sunday, February 25, 2007

Teaching Relief Society

I was asked to sub for a teacher in Relief Society today. I ahve taught many things, but I have never taught in Relief Society. I was a bit nervous, but feel that all went well. I had a few nice compliments at the end of the lesson. I was excited once I was given the topics for the lesson. It was 2 conference talks, The Power of Patience and Behold Your Little Ones I really enjoyed studying these articles. They reminded me of a book I once read called 10 Secrets Wise Parents Know, by, Top & Chadwick. I used these ten things to open a great discussion about raising children. The girls helped me put together some really cute hand outs with the 10 things written on them. I will post a picture if I can find a camera! :( Until then, here are the 10 things:
Build a Household of Faith
Lead Children to a Personal Relationship with God
Render Daily Outpourings of Love
Focus on Friends
Establish Firm but Fair Boundaries
Keep Your Eyes Wide Open
Dare to Discipline
Praise More than You Criticize
Counsel but Don’t Control
Don’t Give Up
I think these are definitely things we can all work on with our children!

No comments: