Sunday, March 25, 2007
To the Dump to the Dump to the Dump Dump Dump.
This Saturday Chris and I headed to the dump to empty our utility trailer. It was full of tile pieces, cardboard from all of the new kitchen furniture, and rose bush clippings. The visit to the dump was rather interesting. I am used to going to the PCC (Public Convenience Collection) area at the dump. It is a big concrete slab where you drive up, unload you junk, and then they haul it off to the landfill part. Well, today they said they are sending all of the "trucks with trailers" all the way into the CORE. First, can't he see that we are a MINIVAN with an old rickety trailer? Second, what is the CORE. I turned to Chris and said, just go to the PCC, but he chose to head towards the CORE! I was not too happy about this, and as we neared the CORE, I was LIVID!!! It was NASTY! We had to drive across layers of garbage that had been crushed by some gigantic tractor thing so it was all bumpy. There were seagulls EVERYWHERE. I looked at the ground, the seagulls and then at Chris and announced that I would NOT be leaving the car. He didn't seem to mind as he got out and emptied the trailer. I watched the birds fight over a rotten orange and some other unidentifiable item. The smell was atrocious, and i about lost it when Chris got back in the car. He smelled like the DUMP!! SO, the moral of this story is, First, stay away from the dump. Second, if you have to go to the dump, stick with the PCC. Third, never, I repeat, NEVER agree to going to the CORE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment