I really enjoyed conference this time. There were so many talks that really hit home to me. The one message that really stood out in all of the topics discussed, is that we live in very difficult times. It is hard enough as an adult facing all of the obstacles that surround us, but trying to raise children among all of the worldy dangerous is worrisome.
I really liked the talk The Tongue of Angels. Elder Holland has cautioned us about the way we speak to others and about ourselves. I also liked the talk by Pesident Monson, I Know That My Redeemer Lives. It really made me think about the great reunion I will have with my Dad. It has been 5 years since he died, and I miss him more every year.
President Faust gave a very inspiring talk on The Healing Power of Forgiveness. He said, forgiveness comes more readily when we have faith in God and trust in His word. Such faith enables people to withstand the worst of humanity. It also enables people to look beyond themselves. More importantly, it enables them to forgive. This is so true. I know that forgiveness is something I constantly struggle with, but know once you truly forgive you are much better off. He said, if we can find forgiveness in our hearts for those who have caused us hurt and injury, we will rise to a higher level of self-esteem and well-being. Some recent studies show that people who are taught to forgive become "less angry, more hopeful, less depressed, less anxious and less stressed," which leads to greater physical well-being. Another of these studies concludes "that forgiveness . . . is a liberating gift [that] people can give to themselves." My goal is to truly work on bettering myself by forgiving others. These were my favorite talks, although I really enjoyed all of them. If you would like to read the talks and pick your favorite, follow this link!
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment