Saturday, September 22, 2007

The DARK clouds are Following ME!

You ask what this picture is?
These are the dark clouds that have been following me around. As I mentioned in the Ugggg post, the stomach flu finally hit me. I was sick in bed for three days. On Thursday morning I dragged myself out of bed and headed to school to check out the sink hole that was forming in the bus lane of my parking lot. The girls had slept over at my Mom's house, so I took the "express lane car" aka the 2 month old Honda Civic CNG! I dropped Mason off at school and headed towards 1-15. Being the avid KSL listener I am, I was well aware of the slowing traffic as you approached 106th South. I had a feeling that I should just cross over the double white line and enter the carpool lane, but on this day, I chose to obey the law. Just as I was complimenting myself for my decision, I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw a car heading towards me with no intention of stopping.........well, until she SMASHED right into me that is! There was a loud crash, then my head, neck, arms and back all flew forward and then back into place. All I could think at at this moment was, "Chris is going to KILL me for taking the fast pass car today." Here I was all smashed to pieces, stuck in the middle of the freeway. I sat there for what seemed like forever while all of the would be good Samaritans rushed on by me and the other car. I even saw a SLC Police man cruise on by. Eventually, a Midvale police man stopped and helped to stop traffic so we could get out of the middle of the freeway. About 20 minutes later the highway patrol came to write up the accident. Apparently the college girl from Texas who was behind me turned her head and the next thing she knew, she hit me. Hmmmmmm. She was cited and her car was completely destroyed! She had to be towed away. My car was in much better shape. Bill, at Ventura auto thinks it will run about 3-4K to fix all of the damage. The bumper was totaled and the entire floor of the car buckled and basically fell out. My body did not fare as well. I am suffering from whiplash. I never really understood whiplash, but boy do I now! It is some crazy pain in the neck and back. My head feels way to heavy to hold. I will have to take it easy for a while. I ended up staying home Thursday and Friday, so I basically missed an entire week of school. Boy am I going to pay for that come Monday! I am truly glad that I was not hurt any worse, and I am definitely glad that my kids were not in the car. Small Miracles!! I hope that this evenings wind and rainstorms will wash those dark clouds away. Although they do say that bad things come in threes, and I know the full moon in coming soon as well.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

That is so scary! I'm so glad you are Ok!! You just need to come to Chicago to recuperate--doesn't that sound restful--two airports to clear, a long flight--and then a house FULL of four kids--yeah, maybe you should hold off and come later! I hope you feel better-and that nothing else bad comes around!!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

OMG! Thank goodness you are going to be okay, after recovering! That is very scary and I too am glad you didn't have your kids in the car. How horrible for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so glad you are ok. I hope your neck feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is late, I catch up these blogs about once a week or so. Of course I knew about the accident but hearing the details is upsetting. I pray, literally, that you will not end up with neck problems. Don't settle too fast even though the insurance people will want you too. You need time to see the full extend. I hope the Texas lass had good insurance. I'm so grateful it wasn't worse than that. Love Grams