Saturday, October 13, 2007
All in a Day's Run!
I decided to get back to running today. After the car accident, I was unable to run without really aggravating my whiplash. I am a bit sore, and I didn't quite run the 5 miles I intended, but, at least I ran! I met my sister and brother at Liberty Park. It was the breast cancer walk, so the park was really crowded. We decided to run up towards Trolley Square and around the neighborhoods. It was BEAUTIFUL! I love fall. The crisp, cool weather is perfect running conditions. It was so nice to run past beautiful old homes with mammoth trees in the front yard. As I would run past, I found myself giving names to the trees. Their leaves were so beautiful. I want to take my kids on that route to collect the leaves. It was also fun to spend the morning with my brother and sister. We couldn't keep up with Dave as he has been running daily, but were glad he would wait for us every now and then. Days like today make me thankful we live in such a beautiful area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good for you! The morning did look like a beautiful day for running. I'm sure it was nice to get out and beat the pavement after such a crazy week!
I'm so happy you feel well enough to run, I'm so jealous. Look at that, jealous of both of my daughters-in-law. Grams, LM
Post a Comment