Monday, November 12, 2007

Boogie Boarding


Chris and I took the girls down to try out their boogie boards in the ocean. There were some BIG waves. They had fun, but were a little skeptical about the waves. We sent them to the shore so Chris and I could body surf. Needless to say, the ocean "kicked our butt!" This huge wave came, we thought we could take it, and....all of a sudden we were both underneath it! Chris' new Maui Jim sunglasses were swept from his head, but he AMAZINGLY found them! After that experience, we headed back to the pool! The ocean is really close to the beach this year. There has been a large southern swell, but they say that it gets bigger everyday. There were some local boys doing all kinds of tricks and flips. Good thing Mason wasn't there to get any ideas.

1 comment:

The Pierce Family said...

Last October David and I were in Hawaii and I was 3 months pregnant facing those waves. I know what you mean about crazy waves...they really kicked our butt too. I remember thinking as I was tumbling head over heels underneath the water that I probably shouldn't have been doing that pregnant.