Thursday, November 29, 2007
Critters in Hawaii
The kids had a ball meeting a few new friends....of the animal kind! The Hyatt Hotel next to ours has a little area with penguins. If you are like Mason, you will ask "How can a penguin live in Hawaii". Actually, there are many types of penguins that live in tropical climates......although Mason had a hard time understanding that. We named this Penguin Pepito. This is the name of the penguin on Dora the Explorer. We all had a chance to pet Pepito. He was soooo cute.
The second critter we fell in love with was the Mongoose. They look like a pot gut with a longer tail. We found many of these lovely critters just willing and waiting to share our picnic lunch on the Road to Hana.
The last Critter we photographed was the beautiful bird with the red head. I am definitely not a bird watcher, so I cannot tell you the type of bird, but I will tell you they loved to join us under the beach umbrella at the pool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment