Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Unspeakable Thing!

This has been in the works for some time now, and I have known this day was coming, but I have not been able to think about it, comprehend it, even blog about it. Here it is nearing midnight and I am still a bucket of tears. You see..........I just returned from dropping my sister off at the airport as she MOVES to MANHATTAN. Since I am already bawling, I guess I can finally talk about it! As many of you know, Emily, known to us as Mimi has accepted a job at a private investment firm in New York City. Her first day is Tuesday. Although I am SOOOOO happy and excited for her and this new adventure, I can't help but feel a bit selfish regarding losing my BEST FRIEND! NOw, I know, I know, we can still talk daily on the phone, computer, web cam, etc, and we will definitley be visiting one another OFTEN, but it is not the same. Mimi and I have always been very close. She has been the one who has always been there for me and my family. She plays such an important part in my life and the life of my kids. I just can't imagine life without her around. We do EVERYTHING together. She is my running buddy, confidant, massage partner, eating out buddy, fashion designer, home decorator, psychiatrist, on the spot child care provider, shoulder to cry on, shoulder to laugh on, cleaning lady, organizer, pedicure partner, and the list could go on and on and on! It is going to be strange going to things without having her there. She never misses a piano or dance recital, school event, sports game, and birthday party. She is always willing to join me on my spontaneous activities with the kids. We have gone to movies, out to eat, and of course.....ROSSING!!!!! She is always willing to drop her plans to join me with mine. Mimi always puts others before herself. I will miss the Saturday morning runs and visits to the farmer's market, and our Saturday night adventures to get massages and then off to the Italian Place for Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. I know that the future is BRIGHT for Mimi! I know that she will have a wonderful adventure in NYC, and we will continue to have wonderful adventures together. I will always treasure the memories of the past! I sure hope in time things get easier. My eyes are tired of crying and Mason keeps asking me, "Mommy, why are you crying?" I just reply, I am crying because I love Mimi--
By the way........I am looking for a new massage buddy! Chris doesn't want that job, but he is willing to pluck the gray hairs from my head!
I apologize in advance for my "weepiness." I am not sure how long this will last, but it sure doesn't feel good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The moment you told us she was going, I was worried about you. Yes, great for her, (I certainly hope so) but you and she have been so close. And the kids are going to miss her too. I felt like that when Robyn moved away, and it really does help to talk every day. We talk for a long time too. But I miss her and the kids so much. LM,Grams

Robyn said...

Soooooooo, How's she doing????