Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I know that the weather outside does NOT feel like SPRING, but, since we are forced to stay inside while we endure cold temperatures and snow, what better thing to do than Spring Cleaning!

I have been collecting organizing tips from a number of sites.  As many of you know, organizing is NOT one of my many talents!  After working to move Mimi out of her condo that was full of not only her things, but years and years of things that belonged to my grandparents, I have vowed to make my home clutter free.  Now, with that said, I have 3 kids and a husband who help to add to the growing pile of things in my home.  

So far, we have a garage full of things that need to go.  Presently I have 8 boxes of children's clothes in great shape.  One three piece entertainment center, one computer desk that turns into an armoire, pinball machine, kangaroo house plaything, tricycles, barbie jeep, play kitchen with dishes, pots and pans, etc.  boxes and boxes of computer and car parts.  Seriously...I probably have in my garage anything you may need.  I told Chris today we need to have a yard sale or load it all up to donate.  If you need any of the above mentioned things, minus the pinball machine because I may be in bug trouble if I give that away, let me know!  I would love to re-locate these things to a loving home!  

Okay, back to the reason for this post.  I was on a favorite website, the organizing junkie when I found this link that lists 56 things you can toss out now!  I was almost laughing at all of the things that are on that list taking up space in my house!  

So, Lets all get busy.  It would be fun to list some of your favorite ways to organize or eliminate clutter.  I am amazed when I go into some of my friends homes and don't see evidence of mail or kids toys.  What are your secrets????  I need your advice!  

Happy Spring....CLEANING

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh....we love your clothes! You have such a fashion sense that I do not and will not ever have! Blakelynn's Easter dress this year is one we got from you 2 years ago! It's still a little big on her--but your girls looked so pretty in it---and she did too! Oh...I wish I lived closer!

Sal Gal said...

I will send you anything you may want! Are you guys planning a trip here this summer?

Cora said...

I have to echo what "gib" said... you have great fashion sense! Rachel is a size 4T or 5T so if you happen to have any clothes going to the DI, I'd love to take a peek. I'm definitely going to check out those links!!

The Pierce Family said...

Loved the links...I've been trying for years to get organized. I did a bunch of cleaning out this past week and donated it all...it was very liberating! Baby stuff takes up way too much space.

Anonymous said...

I think we hit almost all 56 things on that list!!! wow