Monday, March 17, 2008

Today is the Day for the Wearin' of the Green


Today is the day where the little people are seen.
This is a song I LOVED to sing with my students when I taught. Last night, as we were choosing our GREEN outfits for today, the girls became sooooo excited when they remembered that the leprechauns would be coming. And that they did! They had a heyday at our house. They emptied the kids backpacks all over the living room floor, turned over all of the kitchen chairs, suspended the piano bench upside down on top of 2 chairs, took off all the couch cushions and dispersed them through the house, dumped all of the shoes out of the shoe basket, and emptied the candy dish on the hutch. They did take the time to write a note to the kids and leave them a special bag of blarney powder complete with instructions on how to make a special treat. They also left some yummy green peeps and green footprints.Yummy blarney powder that when added to milk and whipped for 2 minutes turned GREEN and made a yummy treat. It was fun to hear the girls talk about all the things the leprechauns probably did in our house! Tee hee!! I love HOLIDAYS! I guess that is where the teacher in me comes out, but rest assured..........I did not wear "teacher" attire to school, but plenty of my teachers did! Green jumpers, socks, giant necklaces, the works! You gotta love St. Patty's Day. I did see a giant bear stein hat at target, but thought it not appropriate for school. :)

We ended the evening with a meal requested by Mason, who, by the way, threw a tantrum and did not want to wear green this morning. He requested cream of wheat. Being St. Patty's Day, and green being my favorite color, I thought I would add a bit of green to the cream of wheat. The girls loved it, and were so excited. Mason.......you can only guess. I HATE green, I don't eat GREEN food, we shouldn't play with food....etc. etc. etc. After ignoring him in true Love and Logic style, he eventually gave in and ate the horrible green food! Ohhh the joys of Mason!



All in all it was a fun Holiday. I just talked to Mimi and she got to see how you really celebrate on this day. She said the St. Patrick's Day Parade lasted for over 5 hours and people were walking all over the streets partying.

Thanks Mom for having us over to dinner on Sunday for your yearly Corn Beef and Cabbage! We LOVE it! Although Madison said the party just wasn't the same without Mimi. I think everyone would agree.
Till next year, Top O' the Morning to You!
PS Photography courtesy of Meggy!

1 comment:

The Pierce Family said...

It's nice to see that the leprechauns hit your house as well. You'll have to share with me the recipe for blarney powder...or, at least share it with the leprechauns that live in my neck of the woods. Next time please include a picture of you...I would have loved to see you wearin' your green!