I love Silverpup's Preschool. Today was Mason's last day. This is the same preschool that the girls went to. When they graduated, I knew that Mason would be there in a 4 years, well, this time, I know it was my "baby" graduating. We have now passed the preschool phase!
Anyway....they have a WONDERFUL program. It is run by the high school and students are the teachers. The home ec teacher is the advisor, but the students plan all of the lessons and fun activities. They do so many fun things, and the parents get a note everyday telling about all of the things they have done. There are only 25 kids and 17 teachers, so it is practically one on one attention. They gave all of the kids a gift bag with summer
activities, games, and a personalized scrapbook of
their preschool year. It was AMAZING!!
If any one is in need of a good preschool program, I would highly recommend checking out your local high school. I promise, you won't be disappointed. The thing I like most is the teachers are there because they want to be there! It is not just a job for them. They actually know and love the kids. The girls still keep in touch with one of their high school teachers, and were in her wedding last summer!
I will definitely miss seeing Miss Launa and Miss Hicks and all of the teachers everyday! The girls started going there when they were 7 months old....and they are now 9! Miss Launa has become part of our family. She takes the time to attend the kids activities, parties, and dances. I am grateful that they have all had such a great experience. We will miss Silverpups!

2 comments:
Sounds like such a great preschool. I love when kids can start off in a great educational setting.
I did that when I was in high school. I really loved it, actually, but tried it after I graduated at another daycare and it just wasn't the same. Just the other day, I was trying to calculate how old some of those kids would be now. Yeah for being done with preschool for good. Now on to kindergarten! Same for us -well not the done part, though; that's 5 years away!
Post a Comment