We were right along the river.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Biking to Battery Park
Mimi found out that we could rent bikes and ride along the river to the Brooklyn Bridge. We were all excited for a day outside. We took a taxi down to the bike shop right next to the Intrepid Museum. We got geared up and we were off! The kids had fun because it was like they were driving. The bike path had stop lights that they had to follow. They did a good job! Here are some of the things we did along the way:
Group Shot! It was such a beautiful day for a beautiful ride. We had planned to cross the Brooklyn Bridge, but it was too late after we played around in Battery Park. We will have to do that next time.
Mason was excited to buy some cotton candy. Guess what color he picked?
WHITE....that is his new favorite color!

We were right along the river.
Mason was so excited to buy his first pretzel from the hot dog cart!
It was warm and yummy! Thank goodness he shared!
Meg came back with a Mountain Dew..........I let her drink it because I figure she needed the caffeine to make the trip back to the bike shop! (I paid for that mistake later that evening in the 500 square foot apartment....HYPER KIDS)

For those of you who have been to Battery Park, you will recognize these acrobats! They have been there doing the same show the last three times I have been there! The kids were AMAZED and sat and watched this street show in awe! This is the part where they line up 5 audience members and flip over them!
The girls were world class bargain shoppers. They went to about 8 artists before they found one who would draw the both of them for $5.00.
The finished product.....so cute!
We stopped along the way to see where Mimi used to work when she was at American Express. She took the kids in to look at the World Trade Center memorial and construction. I stayed outside to tend the bikes.
They all came back with Gelato...mmmmmmmmm
I loved seeing the reflection of the World Trade Center towers in the windows of the other buildings.
Cruising along the bike path. Meggy had a hard time staying to the right of the double lines. She kept weaving in and out. There were a few unhappy New Yorkers who kept ringing their bike bells at her. She said, "I thought they were just being friendly when they went by"...no such thing in NYC Meg!
Just Hangin' Around
We took a rest at the playground. The kids had fun acting like monkeys
Sisters!!!
Smile Mimi! She LOVED riding bikes along the Hudson River. We need to send you your bike!
Getting ready to head out!
What a cutie pie! He did such a great job riding over 6 miles!
We were right along the river.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That looks like such fun!
so fun...I need copies of these pics. We will have to trade when I am there in May.
how fun....you have a Mason too...just like me...I think I told you this before...my 3 year olds name is spelled Mhasyn
We love New York too. I'm so glad you had a great time, and what a great experience for the kids. LM Love Grams
Post a Comment