Since we were out of town the beginning of December, and I had over 100 gifts for my employees to get ready, the Christmas cards were the one thing that I had to wait to send out. I figure better late than never! Here is the picture and the message that I sent.
Dear Family and Friends,
2006 has been a wonderful year for our family. I always enjoy reading the newsletters we receive from others, so I thought I would include one with our cards this year.
Megan and Madison will celebrate their 8th birthday on January 11th. They are excited for their baptism. They are in the second grade and doing very well. They both scored in the top 6% of the entire district on the end of level tests. They are currently reading at a 5th grade level. They love school and love to learn. They are on a mini dance team and are becoming quite the dancers. They are also taking piano lessons, and love to sing and play. They are still taking classes from Up With Kids and the play this year is High School Musical. They are the best of friends and are always together.
Mason just turned four last month, but he tells everyone he is five! He wants to do everything his sisters do. If you tell him he is getting big, he says, “Yes, now I can go on Splash Mountain. I guess we had better plan a trip to Disneyland. He attends the Sunshine Preschool 2 days a week, and spends his days hanging out with Daddy. He has a little friend who lives 2 doors down that he loves to play with too. He is very athletic and can throw and catch a football quite well. He is looking forward to playing soccer in February. He is definitely a “little Chris”. He loves to talk and argue his point!
Chris has taken a new career path. He is working for Fidelity Investments. He works 4 days per week from 5:00 PM to 3:30 AM. He seems to enjoy his job, but he especially enjoys being home with Mason. He has been keeping himself busy with projects in our home. He put tile in our entryway, dining area, and kitchen. He picked new carpet for the entire house, and helped to move everything so it could be installed. His next project is changing the lighting in our house. He still enjoys playing video games, and has even begun teaching the kids how to play. He also loves to tinker with the cars. I tease him about all of the things he has done to the van. I think I drive the “fanciest” mini van around! I guess that is better than him fixing up some sport’s car!
This has been a very busy year for me too. In July I was appointed as the Principal of East Midvale Elementary. It is a school of about 600 students, right near my Mom’s house. It has been a lot of work, but I absolutely LOVE it! The girls come to school with me, and it is so fun to be there together all day. They love to ride the bus to Grandma’s house after school. Last January I set a goal to run a marathon. I am proud to say; on June 3, 2006 I accomplished that goal in 4 hours, 40 minutes and 22 seconds. I continue to run, when I can find the time, and have run 2 half marathons and plan to do a few more. I don’t really have much time for a hobby, but when I find the time, I enjoy making cards, reading, and writing grants. I love spending time with the kids. Although we have a hectic, busy schedule, I treasure the times we have together.
We are looking forward to 2007 being an exiting year, full of new experiences. As our Christmas card says, we are sending holiday hugs. I have created a blog to share some of the highlights of our life. You can find it at the following link. www.sansoms.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment