The kids and I just returned from our trip to Las Vegas. We had a wonderful time. Emily and I ran the 1/2 marathon. The marathon was GREAT, although I was sick! I came down with a terrible chest cold on Thursday, but by Sunday I was feeling a little better, so I still ran! It was a bit windy and cold, but we had fun. It began at 6:00 AM on the strip complete with fireworks and a performance from the Blue Man Group. The highlight for me was about mile 5.5 when we were running past the wedding chapels. There were some "run through" weddings taking place and they served up fabulous wedding cake! It gave me energy for a few more miles. David and Mandy watched the kids. I "ran" into them at about mile 12 as they were heading to the finish line to cheer us on. after running 13.1 miles, we rested for a bit, got a massage, and then I took the 3 kids to Circus Circus.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Las Vegas Marathon
The kids and I just returned from our trip to Las Vegas. We had a wonderful time. Emily and I ran the 1/2 marathon. The marathon was GREAT, although I was sick! I came down with a terrible chest cold on Thursday, but by Sunday I was feeling a little better, so I still ran! It was a bit windy and cold, but we had fun. It began at 6:00 AM on the strip complete with fireworks and a performance from the Blue Man Group. The highlight for me was about mile 5.5 when we were running past the wedding chapels. There were some "run through" weddings taking place and they served up fabulous wedding cake! It gave me energy for a few more miles. David and Mandy watched the kids. I "ran" into them at about mile 12 as they were heading to the finish line to cheer us on. after running 13.1 miles, we rested for a bit, got a massage, and then I took the 3 kids to Circus Circus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment