Every year since the girls turned 4 Mimi has taken us to the Nutcracker at Capitol Theater. The girls have really looked forward to this tradition. We always dress up and have a nice dinner and then spend the evening downtown at the theater. I decided that since Mason was four now, we would invite him to join us. Well......that was not a very good idea. The first clue should have been the fact that he did not have his nap. We went to dinner, and I ended up taking him to the car because he didn't want to sit in his chair. We talked about his behavior, and I thought things would improve. Well, on the way to the theater he fell asleep. When we got there he woke up. We barely made it into the lobby and he was throwing a fit. Since Chris was at work, Mason and I went home and came back 2 hours later to pick up Mimi, Grandma, and the girls. The girls were so excited when they got to the car. They were proud that this year they stayed awake for the whole ballet! There was a new "bufoon" contraption this year and they loved telling me about it! I was sad that I missed the show, but happy the girls were able to see it. hopefully Mason will make it next year. Maybe I will line up a babysitter...just in case!
Friday, December 29, 2006
Our Yearly Tradition...The Nutcracker Ballet at Capitol Theater
Every year since the girls turned 4 Mimi has taken us to the Nutcracker at Capitol Theater. The girls have really looked forward to this tradition. We always dress up and have a nice dinner and then spend the evening downtown at the theater. I decided that since Mason was four now, we would invite him to join us. Well......that was not a very good idea. The first clue should have been the fact that he did not have his nap. We went to dinner, and I ended up taking him to the car because he didn't want to sit in his chair. We talked about his behavior, and I thought things would improve. Well, on the way to the theater he fell asleep. When we got there he woke up. We barely made it into the lobby and he was throwing a fit. Since Chris was at work, Mason and I went home and came back 2 hours later to pick up Mimi, Grandma, and the girls. The girls were so excited when they got to the car. They were proud that this year they stayed awake for the whole ballet! There was a new "bufoon" contraption this year and they loved telling me about it! I was sad that I missed the show, but happy the girls were able to see it. hopefully Mason will make it next year. Maybe I will line up a babysitter...just in case!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment