Monday, January 1, 2007
AHHHH...A MINOR Vent!
Well, I guess the year couldn't end without at least one major DISASTER! As I have mentioned before, Chris has been working on putting tile in our kitchen, dining room, and entryway. He mistakenly thought he could complete this task in one week. Well, it is 2 months later, and we are just about where we were at stage ONE! For those of you who know Chris, you know how "fired up" he get to complete a project......begins with great intentions, usually gets through all of the demolition, gets the majority of a project done, and then, moves onto something else. This time the something else has been his Playstation 3 that he purchased for himself for Christmas. Needless to say, three days ago, the only things left to do on the floor project were the edges and replacing the molding. Chris insisted on doing the tile in a diagonal pattern (which looks FABULOUS), but he has not finished all of the time consuming edges that require intricate cutting. I have been "hounding" YES, "hounding" Chris for 2 weeks to get this completed. I have had many friends come over during the holidays to see the great new floor, carpet, and furniture, and I am running out of excuses as to why it is not done. The neighbor, who we borrowed the tile saw from 2 months ago even came by to see if we were done with it yet. How embarrassing. Anyway, part of my hounding was letting Chris know that on January 4th at 7:00 PM 12 ladies would be coming over for Bunko and dinner. He kept reassuring me that he would have it done. I kept saying I was worried that he kept putting it off, but he assured me he could "bust it all out in a day". Well, I guess Saturday was the day he was going to "bust it out” he began laying the tiles by the garage and then decided to fix a tile that had come loose in the kitchen. Well, he lifted it up, and what did he find......WATER!!! Apparently when he re-connected the icemaker, there was a short leak that, for 2 months dripped onto the floor. By the time I returned home after shopping for the prizes for my upcoming party, I walked into the house to find the refrigerator in the dining room, and most of the tile ripped up off the floor. That is where the AHHHHHHHHHHHHH comes from. His first response was, "You can forget about your party” Well, I was right, I somehow just knew that the floor would not be done! Big sigh! I will keep you posted. It does look like it is drying out. I will talk to the insurance man tomorrow. Happy New YEAR!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh---MY!! You poor thing! Playstation is EVIL!! The neighbors (like idiots) bought their son a PSP--well, they were over for New Years and he brought it hoping to show it to my boys! I told him that he was not to play it in front of my boys--nor were my boys allowed to touch it! He asked why--and right in front of the parents I said--Because it's one of the biggest wastes of time--and my boys don't need that!! So I'm so sorry that you are STILL struggling with that horrible device! I'm happy to see your furniture, and new carpet--it all looked beautiful from what I could see!! Love you all!!
Post a Comment