Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The bullet was NOT Dodged!

A few posts back I discussed Madison's bout with the stomach flu. I ended the post by saying I hope the rest of us “dodged the bullet”. Well…. no such luck! We were lucky however to not get sick while we were in Park City. As I was getting ready for school on Tuesday morning, I was summoned into the girls’ bedroom by Meggy yelling, I am throwing up. At that moment I knew what was in store for her. Madison had shared the flu! I got her into the tub and made her a comfy spot in my bed, complete with towels and the throw-up bowl. I had to go to work, but Chris was home to care for her. Meg spent the day sleeping and throwing up. When I got home, Daddy had just given her a glass of milk…YUCK! You can imagine what happened a few minutes later. Chris went to work, and I cancelled my YW meeting. I was not feeling my best either, but hoped it was not the flu. Well, about 10:30 that night, it was my turn. This stuff is really icky. T he girls kept saying that their tummies hurt. Well let me tell you, they DO! Meg and I spent Wednesday in bed again. She played a lot of club penguin on the computer and I slept and ran back and forth to the bathroom. The girls kept asking me if I was feeling better because Thursday was their birthday, and they didn’t want me to miss school. By Thursday morning I was well enough to go to school. Luckily this stuff hits you hard and fast, but leaves the same way! We hope the guys don’t get the same thing!

No comments: