Sunday, February 18, 2007

Oh NOOOOOO Chris is going to be SOOOO MAD!!!

As many of you know, I have a really big problem with cameras. This is nothing new. It started LONG ago when the Kodak Disk cameras were the new fad. I was so excited to get my own camera. Well, I guess that is where it stared. I would like to think that it is my magnetic personality that causes the problems, but my dear sweet husband attributes it to my carelessness. Whatever the case may be, he was well aware of this problem before he ever said I DO! In our 10 (WOW, 10 YEARS!) of marriage, he has purchased 9 cameras. Now, for any of you who know Chris, or who he has ever helped purchase something technical, he always has to get the BEST! I wish I could say that all of these cameras were dinky $25.00 type cameras, but no such luck. These have all been top of the line, relatively expensive cameras. After about eh first 6 camera purchases, I told Chris that my horrible luck was enabling him to always have the best mega-pixel camera available. If I had not broken 9 cameras, we definitely would not have the 7-mega pixels Nikon that we have now.........well we used to have! You see, after the nice new Olympus camera came along with me in a Hawaiian rainstorm, it never recovered. Chris found this great deal on this fabulous Nikon camera, which I love. It is so slim, easy to use, and takes great pictures. Well, I had it in my purse.... I know, BAD IDEA, and the LCD screen was somehow cracked. I discovered this while sitting in my mother's hospital room. I was so afraid to tell Chris. I knew he would be mad and disappointed. I was mad and disappointed. I had my brother look up on the Internet for another one, and I thought for a moment I could order one and pretend like this never happened. In the end, I fessed up to Chris, yes, he was mad, no, you can't just replace the LCD, and yes, we are in the market for another camera.... AGAIN!! I promise this time will be the last!!!! (blush, blush, wink wink). You must all think twice before you let me anywhere near your camera. Just ask my mother! I guess the blog will be lacking pictures until I get a suitable replacement cause heaven knows I am not going to "borrow" a camera!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Ok--you are getting one comment--for all of your recent posts!! HOLY COW!! I heard about your mom--I'm so glad she was very well taken care of, and is recovering--send her our love! The girls were beautiful and I feel just sick that we missed it! We will be back out in the summer, and we can't wait to see you all!! Love You Guys!!

Robyn