Thursday, April 12, 2007
I Miss my DAD!
On April 10th it had been 5 years since my Dad passed away from a brain tumor. I thought it would get easier as the years went by, but that is not the case. Each year it gets harder. I often think of all of the milestones in my life and his grandkids lives he has not been here for. Although I do believe he is with us in spirit, and I know we will see him again, it is not the same as spending time with him or just getting a big hug from him......oh how I wish he could be here some days to just give me a hug and tell me that everything is going to be okay. The last 5 years he has missed so many things. His 3rd grandchild Mason was born. Meggy and Maddy have grown soooo much. They were Mason's age when dad died. In his final days, during the many conversations we had, he kept telling me to not let the girls forget him. He truly LOVED being a grandpa and I am angry at times that he was robbed of this opportunity so early in his life. My grandpa, his dad lived until he was 96 years old. He missed my brother's graduation from college and his wedding. He missed seeing my sister receive her Master's of Business Administration. He has missed seeing his children all achieve their employment dreams. He was not at the school board meeting when I was appointed to my first principalship, but I felt him with me on my first day of school. My director, who was my principal when I was a teacher came to see me on my first day and put me in tears when she said, "your dad would be so proud of you". Every vacation we go on there is an empty feeling. I used to love traveling with dad. We love to joke about dad's favorite saying when asked about a meal at a restaurant or his opinion on something, he would always reply "It's Adequate". I would have to say that life without Dad is simply "adequate". I look forward to the day we meet again. I am waiting for my hug DAD! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He was such a gentle giant! It was always fun getting to visit with all of you when you would come to Arizona. I'm sorry you miss him--maybe you are line for a "dream hug"!! They aren't as good as the real thing--but OOOOOOOOOH, they are great!! I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well! We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers! And get your bodies out here to visit me!!!
Love ya!
Robyn
Post a Comment