Sunday, April 29, 2007
Salt Lake Marathon Weekend
Last weekend was the Salt Lake Marathon. We decided to run the 5K this year. Emily and I met Dave at his house and we walked over to Liberty Park. It was a beautiful morning, a bit cool, but nice. We stared the race about 7:30 and ended around 8:00 at the Gateway. It brought back memories of running across the finish line last year after running 26.2 miles. I must say 3 was a lot easier, although I am totally out of shape. I signed the kids up for the Kids K. They were so excited because they got to run through the "real" finish line. Mason was so cute. He was totally running as fast as he could. When we were done, all of the kids received medals. Mason told everyone that he was the fastest because he has rocket shoes. Mom and I took the kids to the Park Cafe for breakfast. It was a GREAT day! I will run the half marathon May 19th in Ogden. We decided to try to get picked for the St. George Marathon lottery. We will find out if we are chosen on May 3rd. Wish us luck! I really need to get into the training mode again. I suddenly have 25 extra pounds lying around! STRESS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment