Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness (That is the way the movie spells it)

I just watched this movie this evening, and let me tell you, I cried my eyes out! I have been wanting to see this movie for a long time, but ohhh my goodness, I had no idea it would have such an effect on me. After it was over, I called Chris at work and continued to cry! He told me that someone had brought that into his work one night, and he had a hard time watching it. I can see why. It really makes me thankful for all of the many things that we have. We are truly blessed. I really admire the determination that he had to improve his life and live his dream, despite his horrible circumstances. As I watched the movie, I couldn't help but think about all of the children at my school who may be living in such circumstances. I really feel fortunate to have the opportunity to hopefully make a difference in their lives. You never really know the impact you may have on somebody. Although seeing all that they went through in the movie, one can see that despite all of the obstacles we face in our lives, we can overcome them if we have the determination and faith to see things through. I highly recommend this movie! Leave me a comment on your thoughts if you have seen the movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that movie and the cruise and it was so inspiring, so sweet, and soooo sad. I just have one complaint, I needed more triumph; I need to see more than some words crawling across the screen. It can be brief, a shot of a house, a shot of the little boy running into his new room, a shot of nice car,anything, but words. Luv Grams