Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Freedom Writers
Okay, It is time for another movie review. It took me 3 days to actually get through Freedom Writers, but WOW. Another good flick. Being in education, I am always looking for ways to motivate my staff. This movie has so many things that would be so appropriate to share. Some of the highlights of the movie for me was the evidence provided that expectations and relationship with students play such an important role in helping at-risk children to succeed. I also love the example Ms. Gruwell set in making a goal and working hard to achieve that goal. She saw each student as the person they could become, not who they necessarily were at the moment. I also love that she was willing to fight for what she truly knew what was best for her students. There were many times throughout the movie where I got a bit teary eyed. The one part that really bothered me was the break-up of her marriage. As a school leader and a mom, these types of movie really inspire me. I want to set the same example for my own students and children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I saw Freedom Writers on the cruise also, and I loved it too. You and I must have the same taste in movies. (It won't let me sign any other way than anonymous, so I'll just always sign my name.) Grams
Post a Comment