Chris, the kids, and I took a drive up to Bountiful to leave some flowers on my Dad's grave. I really miss him. Here are five things that I REALLY miss about life with my DAD.
1. It's Adequate...the namesake of the boat! This is how dad described things that he really liked. Many restaurant servers were shocked at his response as they asked him how his meal was.
2. Late Night Phone Calls... Dad was a night owl. If ever you needed to talk or ask a question, you knew he would be up. During the "teen" years, Dad was the one who always knew we were "sneaking" out.
3. Tax Season... April 15th is just not the same without Dad here. It is a bit ironic that we held his funeral on that day! Dad was the tax man for EVERYONE! He would set his TV tray up next to the computer and stay up all hours of the night getting everyone's taxes done. Ironically, he would always be the one driving just before midnight to get his turned in on time!
4. Reading Stories... Dad was always the one who read us bedtime stories. I can still hear him reading the words of The Marvelous Mud Washing Machine, Where the Wild Things Are, Go Dog Go, Babar Loses his Crown, All the Little House Books, and many others. Dad also loved reading to his grandchildren. Oh how I wish I had recorded his voice reading some of the girls' favorite stories.
5. Encouraging Words...Dad was not a man of many words, but the words that he did say sure meant a lot. He always shared his love of his children and grandchildren, and told his children often how proud he was of them. We often talk about the GREAT things that Dad would say.
Happy Father's Day DAD! You are LOVED and MISSED by MANY! I can't wait to see you again and get one of your big HUGS!!

No comments:
Post a Comment