Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The FIESTA!!!

I think that the best night for me was the Mexican Fiesta. It was amazing. The resort staff spent all day moving tables outside in the courtyard to create an outside restaurant. It was complete with decorations, linens, and even chair covers. There was a Mariachi band serenading us while we ate, and the FOOD!!!!!! Oh my goodness.....THE FOOD!!!!! My favorite thing was the tamales. They were filled with a sweet pork that would make Cafe Rio drool and wrapped in leaves and corn husks. My 2nd favorite thing was the tostada's. They were so fresh and YUMMY. There were many different desserts, but the fresh churro's topped the list with the caramel flan coming in a close second. After dinner we were entertained with a Mexican dance show. The dances and costumes were incredible. The whole evening was Muy Bien!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1 Tamales, #2 salmon (on a mirror), #3 Churros (moved from #1 only because I ate far too many!!!)

Anonymous said...

That sounds fabulous! I could use some caramel flan about now, YUM! I am really enjoying seeing all your beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

I can tell a great time was had by all, wish I was there. Grams