Sunday, November 4, 2007

Shopping CRISIS!

I cannot stand shopping these days. I know this is hard to believe as I am an avid shopper, but these days, I would rather shop online. The girls and I had 2 experiences on Saturday that according to my calculations saved me about $100.00. How you ask? The girls worked all day helping me with the housework. They each earned $5.00 to spend on activities to take on our trip. I took them to Big Lots. They had a great time looking at everything in the store. We even had a clerk following us around picking out things for them too! (apparently she has 31 year old twins and wad drawn to the girls.) Anyway, we filled up our cart with things, and headed to check out. There were 2 lanes open. Both were 3 people deep with customers. Apparently the line we were in was held up waiting for a price check on a doggy bed. The other lane had the manager and 2 other employees trying to figure out a return. We waited, and waited, and WAITED! Finally after 15 minutes of the workers just standing there I asked the girls if we should leave. They agreed with me, and we left our cart and headed out the door. The second experience was later that same evening at Wal-Mart. We again had a cart full of stuff--the only thing we really needed was Daddy's Head and Shoulders and the toilet brush and refills. Again we waited in a line that was at least 6 or 7 people deep with FULL carts. There was a supervisor worker at the self check-out aisles that was yelling at people telling them that she had to close down because she was the only one there. So, again, we just picked up and left the cart.
I am baffled at the terrible customer service that is out there. It seems that the caliber of employees keeps getting lower and lower. It is really scary! I am afraid to see what will come as we get closer and closer to Christmas. I think I will give home made gifts this year and avoid the stores! Anyone else game???

1 comment:

The Pierce Family said...

The customer service is extremely bad out here as well. I've often thought of offering my services to some companies as a customer service instructor because a lot of businesses could sure use some help. But I guess a lot of people just don't care anymore about doing a good job.