Sunday, November 4, 2007

Another Reason to LOVE Home Depot

I LOVE Home Depot. It is a store full of possibilities! Yesterday Chris and I were changing the lights that Chris had chosen to put up in our house. As much as I tried to like them, they never really "grew" on me. We bought them at Lowes, but I wanted to stop at Home Depot and see what they had. As we were entering the store we saw a bunch of kids with orange aprons and wooden projects. It was Kid's Workshop Day! You usually have to sign up in advance, but I figured it was worth a shot to see if there was room. Sure enough, we were able to participate. Mason built a fire engine that holds crayons and Megan and Madison each built a memory box. It was a lot of fun, but a little stressful for Mommy. The kids, and Mommy are not too good with a hammer! My thumb was hit one too many times! At our Home Depot they do these projects every month. They are free of charge and the kids get a pin for their apron that has a picture of every project they complete. Thanks Home Depot. We will be back in December to make a breakfast tray.

1 comment:

The Pierce Family said...

Thanks for posting this...now I'm going to look into our local Home Depot. I think Savannah and Xander would love this.