Sunday, November 4, 2007
Is this Idea Tacky and Cheap?
Now, for those of you who know me, I am always looking for a bargain. I LOVE nice things, but I NEVER pay high prices. The next few months bring a variety of things that add extra expense to our budget. The first one being Mason's birthday. He wants to have a party with all of his little friends. We have been suggesting a variety of ideas, but one came to me on Saturday after completing the Kid's Workshop at Home Depot. After finishing the project, we went to Lowes and they were advertising their Kid's Workshop. It is November 24th, the day we want to have Mason's birthday party. I told Chris we should just bring the kids to the workshop. It is FREE, they get an apron, pin, and they are making mini basketball hoops. I figure we sign up for the project at 10:00 AM take them to McDonald's for happy meals and cake and have them home by Noon! The only cost will be the happy meals. I think it is a GREAT idea, but Chris thinks it is tacky.....WHY??? So, please leave me your comments. HE didn't have any problem with me planning the girls' birthday party on dollar skate night at the roller rink. Their whole party for 16 friends cost me $46.00. That is including pizza, drinks, and glowing party favors. So...I await your comments, but I think I will call Lowes tomorrow to sign up all of the kids for the workshop!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It would all depend on how many little ones you are taking--if you take to many are you going to let Lowes know that it's a birthday? Or will you be passing them all off as yours? hee hee!! I think it sounds like a really awesome idea. It only sounds tacky if you are going to 'try and beat the system' so to speak! I would love it!!
Robyn
I think it's great...go for it!
I agree with Robyn. You need to let them know that you're bringing a party of that many kids, otherwise it is tacky.
But if Lowe's is fine with it, then I think it sounds fun!
I'd be curious to know what they say because my boys would love that.
Great idea! The kids will love it- the parents will all wish they had come up with the idea first.
Post a Comment