I became sick 2 days before we left. You know, the stress induced cold! I have been fighting it ever since, but it is hard to be miserable in paradise, so, even though I have to carry around Kleenex and cold meds, I feel much better than I would at home. Unfortunately I have passed my cold on to Madison. Two nights ago her throat was really hurting and she was all congested. We got some Tylenol cold and flu and it seemed to help. She didn't feel her best, but she was still in the mood to swim and play. This morning it was a different story. The poor thing came into my room around 5:00 AM just crying and holding her ear. I got her some more Tylenol and let her sleep with me. About 7:00 AM she awoke again still in a lot of pain. I was worried she had gotten swimmers ear or may have had strep. Chris and I decided we had better take her to the Dr. Amazingly they have a clinic in the hotel next to ours. It is in two hotel rooms. We called and made her an appointment. We had to wait a couple of hours, so she was really miserable when she was finally seen. The Dr. took one look into her ear and said she had an eardrum infection, not swimmers ear, so she needed an antibiotic. I am so glad we took her in! (Even if it did cost us a pretty penny!)
They do not take our insurance here in Hawaii, but we can bill them ourselves when we get home. Either way, I want Maddy to start feeling like herself again! The Dr. said she should be feeling much better even by tomorrow. We cannot however go to Haliakela, the volcano because that would be bad for her ear. She spent the day relaxing in the shade on a lounge. She did sit with me in the hot tub for a bit. Today we were going to go snorkeling, but we will wait until Thursday to make sure she is feeling her BEST!! We have arranged for massages tomorrow......right on the beach!!1 Oh I am soooooo excited!!!:)

1 comment:
Poor little thing. I hope she's feeling better.
Post a Comment