Friday, February 22, 2008

NYC with 2 Felines!

Mimi's moving truck came this week, and Luke and Cindy are getting ready to move into her place, so it is time for the "bad cats"---I say that lovingly Mimi, must head to NYC. I volunteered for the task of flying across the country with 2 cats as my carry on luggage......Am I INSANE?? Really, I figure I have flown many miles with 3 children, so how different can 2 cats be?

Anyway, I have done a few google searches about flying with felines and have read some interesting information. Some say to sedate the cats, others say this is not good. I plan on calling a vet before we depart Thursday afternoon. My task tomorrow is to buy the "cages" and leave them at Mimi's house for the cats to get used to.

Since I cannot fly alone with 2 felines, I have talked my secretary, Charlotte into coming along. She has never been to NYC so we are in for a FUN weekend. I can't wait to show her all of the places I love and introduce her to BROADWAY!

So, back to the cats....have any of you had experience traveling with cats? Any advice to share? Has anyone been on a plane with someone else who brought a cat? Did the cat whine the whole flight. As I said before, if I could survive flying with twins and MASON, the cats should be a piece of cake, but, they are "bad cats" so I am a titch worried.

I will give a full report upon my return. Maybe even a picture or two of the flying felines.

No comments: