Sunday, March 1, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Texas.........( San Antonio)


I must say, I HEART San Antonio. I have been there before, 20 years ago to be exact, but I didn't remember much. I had the opportunity to go again this past week for a National Title One Conference. I LOVED the conference, and I LOVED the city. I really want to take Chris back! It is such a romantic place. I happened to be there with a bunch of Principals! We had so much fun. We were in classes each day from 8:00-5:00, and we spent the evenings exploring the Riverwalk. We ate at some amazing restaurants and had a lot of fun being silly!
Dinner at Mi Tierra...an amazing Mexican restaurant in El Mercado. We rode the trolley down there. The restaurant has a Mexican bakery in it. I bought some yummy treats!




The conference hosted a fiesta one night. It was tons of fun. They had music, FOOD, entertainment, and of course......armadillo racing. I was the only one crazy enough to race! I felt kind of bad for those little critters. They sure smelled and had large claws! My cute little armadillo won 2nd place. I was given an armadillo key chain with the state of Texas in the middle! Priceless!! I also got to pose with the little guy and a Texas flag! Good Times!

One of the food stations had fresh tamales and pico de gallo....YUM. Another station had a corn roaster and fresh roasted corn. It was sooooo good we had two pieces!
All of the darling armadillos waiting to RACE!
Me and the little guy posing for our picture
Me pushing the little guy along to take 2nd place in the race! Check out those boots on Mr. Armadillo man!

SMILE.....you just raced an armadillo!
A night on the Riverwalk. We walked and walked and walked!
Beautiful Babes! We should have bought these for hat day at school!
Yeee Hawww Check out these Texans!

Sombrero anyone?Remember the Alamo??? We did!

2 comments:

Becky said...

How fun! Looks like you had a great time. I would kill for a girls vacation...any vacation, really.

Stacy said...

Oh, this just reminds me of home! I love SA! Still about a six hour drive from where I grew up. I would love to take Josh too, but he only ever gets to see East Texas!