This is just too funny....I had to share! I just keep laughing and laughing about it!
The Setting: Sansom House, 7:50 PM
The Characters: Mason, who was next door, Meg, upstairs in the shower, Madison, downstairs with me in my room, and Chris, in the basement (his lair!!!)
The Problem: The fire alarms, in ALL rooms of the house were going off!
Rising Action: I jump up and rush out of the bedroom to see if Meg left the stove on after she had cooked dinner (Cheeseburger Mac...yum yum). Madison joins me and starts crying (Both girls have always been scared of fire alarms). Not seeing anything, I see a glare coming from the back patio.....Chris' deep frying station ( a little background is needed here.....Chris heated the deep FAT fryer and made scones for dessert). I "assume" that he has left it on, and now the patio is on fire. I yell down the stairs that the house is on fire (more background needed..........that is the only way to get Chris to rise from his lair....way in the basement. )
Climax: Chris comes running up the stairs the same time Meggy comes running down from the 3rd floor. Both she and Madison RUN out the front door screaming like banshees. I ran into my room to put on some clothes and come out to see Meg, who came straight from the shower, BUCK NAKED bawling on the front porch! Madison was next to her wrapped in a towel. Chris went straight to the patio where I told him I thought his FAT Fryer had caught on fire (mind you, I didn't check for myself, I just "assumed". Chris is screaming, I am screaming at Chris for screaming at us, and Meg is BUCK NAKED on the front porch. I can only imagine what the neighbors were thinking.
Falling Action: Chris goes upstairs and discovers Meggy's bathroom...all filled with steam. She had taken a LONG, HOT, shower without turning on the fan. The heat of her shower set off the alarms through the entire house!
Denouement: Chris yelled, "Tell Meg not to take a shower without turning on the fan" and he returned to his lair. Meggy and Maddy put on clean undies and jammies. Mason was called home from the neighbors, and I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING!!!
I hope you enjoyed this episode of Scenes from the Sansoms!
I think you will understand why there are no pictures to go with this post!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I am laughing to myself...I can only imagine
Oh. How. HILARIOUS! That is just too funny. Good thing you blogged it for posterity!
Good grief!! I can just hear the pandemonium!!
That must have been one hot shower!
I can't believe you didn't mention this little episode to me. Perhaps it slipped your mind, with Maddie sick and you just recovering and Chris recovering.!!! Guess Meg scared away the cold germs with that HOT shower. Love, Grandma
Oh wow, that could be on TV, sooo funny. I didn't know hot showers and no fan could do that, I agree with Great Salt Lake Luke, That's one hot shower. LM
Sorry, the last one is from Grams, I forget it won't give my name cause I don't have a sight. LM
That is great! Something to look back on and laugh for a long time!
Who needs pictures?
How funny, Sally! I barely see you these days. How mortifying for Megan, I think Hannah would have burned up with the house.
that is hilarious. I am sure it was quite a sight!
That is such a funny story...see I knew there was a reason I always make everyone turn on the fan when they take a shower!!! LOL!
....hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the give-ways...come back any time you like! =)
Post a Comment