Monday, January 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Mimi...(Emily)




January 6th was Mimi's birthday. At her request, Mom and Mel arranged a condo for us at Park City. Her dream birthday was a ski weekend! We had a WONDERFUL time. We spent the day on the slopes at Park City Mountain Resort. Mimi, Megan, Madison, Mason, Chris, ME (Sally), David, and Mandy all skied. Grandma and Mel hung out in the lodge and helped with the kids when the kids needed to warm up.

The weather was not the best, but the company was GREAT! I am amazed at what great skiers the kids have become. The girls can handle just about anything, and Mason has mastered the snowplow and loves to follow his sisters off of jumps. I however, will NOT be following them ever again. I tried it once and landed flat on my tailbone. OUCH! Chris was blown away at the progress Mason has made from last year.

After a full day of skiing, we all headed back to the condo for Grandma’s homemade chicken soup. YUMMY. Emily and I took the kids swimming while the others watched the Chiefs lose the game. We spent the rest of the evening playing sing-song karaoke. It was such a wonderful weekend! Thanks Mimi…you had the BEST birthday party, and, Grandma…. the accommodations were fabulous.

No comments: