Monday, April 16, 2007

The Best "SICK" Day Ever

Today the girls and I stayed home from school. I was still recovering from my crazy weekend. The girls really wanted to go, but I talked them into staying home. (Bad mommy, bad principal).
The kids and I had a fabulous day. It started out with breakfast cooked to order. Scrambled eggs for Mason and Madison and "dunk" eggs for me and Meggy. We also had maple bacon and milk. The girls played dollhouse and Mason went over to his friends house. I went to the grocery store and then started on the laundry. I got so much done. 7 loads to be exact, plus all of the clothes Chris had washed and piled up on the folding table folded and put away. I watched the Lake House while i folded. I only have 2 loads of towels left, and a load of my clothes. I need to drop off Chris' shirts and my suits at the dry cleaners, and then start all over with the clothes the kids will wear this week. I must say, this time of the year is rough on the closet. With the weather being so unpredictable, it is too soon to put all the winter stuff out, but some days you need the short sleeve shirts. I guess we will be a bit crowded for a few more weeks.
Meg baked and frosted a cake for dessert. It is my favorite--German Chocolate with coconut pecan frosting. We made tuna sandwiches for lunch, Madison requested pickles in it and Meg insisted on adding balsamic vinegar-- the way Daddy makes it.
I cooked one of my favorite dinners. Shake and Bake pork chops cooked to 160*, green beans, and Madison's favorite, Rice a Roni. And of course Meggy Moo's fabulous cake! YUM YUM. The kids had about an hour before dinner to play outside, and Meg fell off her bike and hit the pavement HARD! She was in quite a bit of pain. I gave her Tylenol, borrowed some ice from the neighbors (we have never re-hooked up the ice maker), read her a story and held her until she fell asleep. I am now relaxing in my bed, gearing myself up for work tomorrow. I think I need "sick" days like this more often. I miss just being a MOM!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

You DID it!!! I can't believe you actually did it!!! Did you get your passport started??? Ok--all in good time--I'm just thrilled that you got to do it!! I'm so proud of you--bad mommy like me!! When I was sick I begged Jake to stay home and babysit the little ones so I could sleep. Imagine the weird call out phone call to the school on that one! Jake tried to think up some good stories as to why he wouldn't be in--I laughed and said--Sweetie--I'm not worried about the truth on this one!! Kids!! Again--good for you--and I'm sure it was good for the kids!! Love you!

Robyn