Sunday, April 29, 2007
What Ever Happened to Bedtime?
My kids think they have the meanest MOM! Perhaps they do! I would honestly like to know why I seem to be the only parent around my circle that still believes in BEDTIME! I begin getting my kids ready for bed at 8:00, even earlier if they need to shower. Each night when I call them in, all of the other kids are shocked that they have to go to bed so early. Most nights, all the other kids are out riding bikes till 8:30 or 9:00 PM. This is all well and good of your kids did not need to get up for school in the morning. Research has shown that elementary school age children need at least 10 hours of sleep every night. So, since I get my girls up at 6:30 AM, they need to be asleep by 8:30PM. It is really hard for kids to stay focused at school when they are so tired. They also misbehave more often if they are not getting enough sleep. So........GET YOUR KIDS TO BED! Especially this time of the year. Yes, it is lighter outside, and the weather is nice, BUT, your kids need their rest. End of Level testing is coming up, and you want them to do their BEST!!! So come on parents, bring back BEDTIME!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ok--a post that my boys can't read! They are in bed every night at 8:00--I get every story in the book about staying up--but NOPE--Mama needs some downtime!! I have a new template for you to check out--not Peggy's but sooooooooooooooo cute! Let me know when you are on-and I'll give you the url!!
love you all!
Rob
AMEN Sally!! I send my kids to bed around 8:30 p.m., too. The older kids don't go right to sleep; it's their reading time. The young ones drop off to dreamland almost immediately. It just amazes me how late some children are out. :)
Post a Comment