Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Perfect Weekend!

This was a GREAT weekend. I decided to not think about school all weekend, and just focus on me and my family! Friday night Madison was still recovereing from her 4 day bout with the flu. Meg had it the week before) so we didn't want to do much. Chris had picked up an overtime shift at work, so he wouldn't be home. Mason had earned a light saber for his behavior all week, so we went to Target to pick it out. Mimi decided to meet us at Applebee's for dinner. We ate, then the kids and I headed home to call it an early night. Saturday I took the girls to dance, went to my WW meeting, and spent the morning reclaiming the front yard. My rose bushes were in desperate need of attention, and the planter boxes were becoming overrun with morning glory and weeds. The afternoon was spent at Mimi's work party. It was so much fun. She took the kids and I to see her desk and participate in all of the activities they provided. The girls went to the kid's marketplace where they got a job, bought a car, house, insurance, etc. It was really well done. While they were learning all about skills that would help them in life, Mason and I headed to the casino. We were given $300 in chips and chose to play roulette. Mason was quite the champ. I wish I could have taken him to Wendover. He hit 3 numbers....yes 3 numbers IN A ROW! In the short time that we played, he turned our $300 into $2300. WOW if only it really happened that way. They also had bouncy things, a great lunch, dance dance revolution, and pony rides. It was very well done! Mimi invited the kids for a sleepover, so Chris and I had date night. We had a nice evening together and spent the morning up at Snowbird. It was beautiful. We enjoyed walking through the trails and had a fabulous brunch. I can't believe we don't go to the mountains more often since they are so close. We want to take the kids back up there to participate in all of the activities they have available. It is now Sunday afternoon and I think I will take a nap. Ahhhhhhh the perfect weekend! Night night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to the open house. BTW, I got a call and you won a raffle prize...a deck of cards I think.

Anonymous said...

Sounds, like fun, your a good mom, being sooo busy and still making time for things like that. Glad to see you're back to blogging again, I love keeping up this way. LG