Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dancing Beauties...and Where are your MANNERS!

The girls had their winter dance recital last week. They did a fabulous job! I always love watching them dance, especially ballet! Call me a crazy, sappy mom, but I always get tears when I see them dancing, especially how grown up they look! Thanks Grandma and Dave for braving the nasty weather to support the girls! They were glad you made it! Here are some video links for your viewing pleasure. OOPS...Apparently the video of the girls ballet dance is too big to load. They looked great, but I really wanted you to see all of the people getting up and down during their dance. Grrrrrrr!


Now, if you watched the videos, maybe you will understand the next part of my post. Did you notice all of the HEADS in the video? Those are people who are just getting up in the middle of the dances. I was shocked as I sat through 23 dances, and when it was time for my girls to dance, the family next to me (with 7 kids) decided that it was time to leave....right when my girls started their dance. Call me old fashioned, but my goodness....have manners gone out with the bath water? Its a wonder we have a difficult time teaching kids at school how to behave when parents set such a good example. It is sad to say, but I think that etiquette and manners should be reviewed at the beginning of the recital!

1 comment:

The Pierce Family said...

I totally agree with you. At Savannah's recital, no one is allowed to leave until the end...they've probably experienced what you did for too long and got fed up with it.